How to use widgets in WordPress
This article describes how to use widgets in WordPress. Widgets are a quick and easy way to add functionality to a WordPress sidebar. WordPress includes several widgets by default, such as a calendar, RSS feed parser, tag cloud generator, and more. Additionally, many WordPress plugins install their own widgets.
To get started using WordPress widgets, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- In the left pane, click Appearance, and then click Widgets. The Widgets page appears.
- To add a widget to the sidebar, drag a widget from the Available Widgets section over to the Widget Area section.
You can rearrange the order of widgets in the sidebar. To do this, drag and drop a widget within the Widget Area section to its new position.
- To configure a widget in the Widget Area section, click the icon. Configuration options appear that are specific to the widget you select.
- To remove a widget from the sidebar, drag the widget from the Widget Area section over to the Available Widgets section.
Alternatively, you can drag the widget from the Widget Area section over to the Inactive Widgets section. When you do this, WordPress saves your configuration settings for the widget.
For more information about widgets in WordPress, please visit https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Widgets.